Free UK delivery when spending £50 and over!

Better Health, Better Science, Naturally

CHOLESTEROL MANAGEMENT, BACKED BY SCIENCE
A REVOLUTIONARY APPROACH TO REDUCING CHOLESTEROL

About CholBiome


CholBiome® is a range of supplements that use science-backed ingredients to help reduce and maintain cholesterol levels, help reduce blood pressure and promote heart wellness. CholBiome is backed up by extensive testing and delivers real health benefits through science, naturally.

CholBiome products harness the power of the patented probiotic Lactobacillus plantarum LPLDL® which has been found not only to reduce LDL (the bad) cholesterol but actually boost HDL (good) cholesterol! 

How is CholBiome different?


In the past, most probiotics have been developed to help with immunity and digestion but CholBiome® uses the power of probiotics to deliver real heart health benefits, with the added bonus of a more diverse microbiome, leading to a healthier, happier gut.

Including CholBiome® in your daily routine is an excellent way to help manage healthy cholesterol levels. 

The importance of cholesterol management


There are two main forms of cholesterol: LDL, which is the ‘bad’ cholesterol responsible for clogging arteries and HDL ‘good’ cholesterol that helps to clear cholesterol from the blood. This is why managing your cholesterol by boosting your HDL and lowering your LDL is so important. 

The good news is that simple changes, such as taking CholBiome®, can help to regulate your cholesterol levels and promote heart health. Unlike statins, which are often used to treat high cholesterol, the Lactobacillus plantarum LPLDL found within CholBiome results in no known side effects.

LPLDL® found within CholBiome® has been scientifically proven to:

Decrease

Total cholesterol by up to 36.7%

Decrease

LDL cholesterol by up to 13.9%

Decrease

Systolic blood pressure by 5.1%

Increase

HDL cholesterol by 4.5%

How does LPLDL® help to lower our cholesterol levels?

  1. Cholesterol may be produced by the liver and/or pulled from the stock of existing cholesterol that is already found in the blood. In reality, it uses a mixture of both sources of cholesterol. From this cholesterol, our liver is able to produce bile salts.
  2. These bile salts are released into the intestine by the liver to aid in digestion. 95-99% of these bile salts are then reabsorbed by the intestine once their job has been completed and recycled back to the liver.
  3. Some microorganisms found in the gut microbiome have the capacity to break down these bile salts in the intestine once they have achieved their goal of aiding digestion. This means these bile salts are no longer being reabsorbed by the intestine and are thus not recycled. When this occurs the liver has to make up for this loss by producing more bile salts to replenish the pool. For this, it will need cholesterol, which it can obtain, again, by synthesising cholesterol and/or by pulling it from the blood.
  4. LPLDL® is a probiotic microorganism which has an extraordinary natural capacity to increase the rate of breakdown of these bile salts in the intestine. With fewer bile salts being recycled, the liver has to produce more salts from cholesterol which means there is less cholesterol in circulation having been synthesised into bile salts. The share of cholesterol pulled from the blood is the blood cholesterol decrease we see with LPLDL® as found within CholBiome®.
  5. In CholBiome®X3 we add monacolin K, which is a natural inhibitor of cholesterol production by the liver, hence forcing the liver to rely more on blood cholesterol to replenish the bile salts pool that is being decreased by LPLDL® in the intestine. This is why we expect extra reduction in blood cholesterol with CholBiome®X3 than with regular CholBiome® (this is a reduction vs maintenance approach).

Interesting Fact:

When we refer to endogenous cholesterol we mean the one produced by the liver, and exogenous cholesterol is the one in relation to our diet. Even in cholesterol-rich diets like ours, exogenous-dietary cholesterol makes up only about 10% of the blood we end up measuring. The remaining 90% comes from liver production. This is why it is not only important to reduce the intake of cholesterol (which can’t be completely avoided) as with this we get at most 10-12% reduction in blood cholesterol, but also tackle the root of the problem which is endogenous cholesterol.

LPLDL Mechanism of Action

CholBiome Range

Sold out

Sold out